- 2009 MPhil in Religions & Theology, The University of Manchester, UK.
- 2006 Drs (BA & MA) in Theology, Theological University Kampen, NL.
- 1998 Diploma (University Preparatory Education, Gymnasium Alpha), Reformed Comprehensive School Randstad, Rotterdam, NL.
Postgraduate academic courses
- 2009-2016 PhD Seminars at the Netherlands School for Advanced Studies in Theology and Religion (NOSTER).
- 2014 Summer Seminar on Debates about Religion and Sexuality at Harvard Divinity School, Cambridge, MA, USA.
- 2007-2008 MA Seminars at The University of Manchester, UK.
- 2017-present Executive Secretary, Netherlands School for Advanced Studies in Theology and Religion (NOSTER), Nijmegen.
- 2013-2017 PhD Candidate (promovendus), Department of Philosophy and Religious Studies, Faculty of Humanities, Utrecht University.
- 2009-2012 Project manager Christian LGBT emancipation, LKP, Amsterdam.
- 2009 Teacher in Religious Education, Veluws College Walterbosch, Apeldoorn.
- 2007 Teacher in Philosophy, Greijdanus College, Zwolle.
- 2006 Guest lecturer in Pastoral Care, Reformed College of Higher Education, Zwolle.
- 2016-present Co-chair of the Steering Committee of the Gay Men and Religion Unit of the American Academy of Religion (regular committee member 2015-present).
- 2013-present Reader of the Archdiocese of Utrecht, Old Catholic Church of the Netherlands.
- 2015-2016 Chair of Prout – PhD Network Utrecht (representative 2014-2016).
- 2014-2015 Member of the NOSTER PhD Council.
- 2014-2015 Junior member of the NOSTER Executive Board.
- 2010-2015 Managing editor of gOdschrift.nl / Michsjol (regular editor 2009-2015),
- 2008-2011 Co-editor-in-chief of Radix (regular editor 2005-2011).
- 2015-present International Association for the study of Religion and Gender (IARG).
- 2013-present American Academy of Religion (AAR).
- 2009-present Society for the Study of Theology (SST).
- 2013-2017 Netherlands School for Advanced Studies of Theology and Religion (NOSTER).
- (Ruard Ganzevoort & Marco Derks), “Unnatural Ties: How Adoption Queers the Family.” In A Graceful Embrace: Theological Reflections on Adopting Children, eds. John Swinton & Brian Brock. Theology in Practice, Volume 4. Leiden etc.: Brill, 2017 (forthcoming October 2017).
- “Conscientious Objectors and the Marrying Kind: Rights and Rites in Dutch Public Discourse on Marriage Registrars with Conscientious Objections against Conducting Same-Sex Weddings.” Theology & Sexuality 23, no. 1 (2017), 209-228. doi:10.1080/13558358.2017.1351124
- “‘If I Be Shaven Then My Strength Will Go From Me’: A Queer Reading of the Samson Narrative.” Biblical Interpretation 23, no. 4-5 (2015), 553-573. doi:10.1163/15685152-02345p05
- (Marco Derks, Pieter Vos & Thijs Tromp), “Under the Spell of the Ring: The Role of Marriage in Moral Debates among Orthodox Reformed Christians in the Netherlands.” Theology & Sexuality 20, no. 1 (2014), 37-55. doi:10.1179/1355835814Z.00000000039
- (Mariecke van den Berg, David Bos, Marco Derks, Ruard Ganzevoort, Miloš Jovanović, Anne-Marie Korte & Srdjan Sremac), “Religion, Homosexuality, and Contested Social Orders in the Netherlands, the Western Balkans, and Sweden.” In Religion in Times of Crisis, eds. Gladys Ganiel, Heidemarie Winkel & Christophe Monnot, 116-134. Religion and the Social Order, Volume 24. Leiden: Brill, 2014. doi:10.1163/9789004277793_008